Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Beginning of an Adventure!

Welcome to my Bike and Build blog for the summer! Bear with me as I attempt to become a blogger, and I apologize for the future typos since I will be writing from my phone. Be sure to check out the tabs at the top for basic info!

I am so excited for you to follow me on my adventure from Charleston, South Carolina to Santa Cruz, California. Pedaling for affordable housing will be such a rewarding challenge, and I cannot wait to meet amazing people and see our beautiful country in such a unique way.


So far, I have raised over 4,500 dollars for the cause, researched about Nashville's affordable housing efforts, trained over 500 miles, collecting gear, and the most challenging of all: mastered the clipless pedals. I am getting a little nervous that the trip has crept up so quickly, but absolutely elated to meet all of the people on my route. Check them out here under the South Carolina 2013 roster! They come from all over the country with different stories and talents, and I cannot wait to have these strangers become my family for the summer. 

Check back here if to follow my adventures, thoughts, and lessons I learn throughout the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment